Where would you head if your priority was low Risk and low premium? The first response would naturally be Term insurance. Buying term plan is a relatively easy proposition. However, there are tricks to every trade – and these are the basic factors that you would need to consider when you make your purchase decision.
- Are you adequately covered? It is so easy to buy accessible instruments such as online insurance these days that the level of cover could be overlooked. It is essential that you conduct reality checks to see if your level of cover is sufficient, considering your personal and financial circumstances.
- What’s the duration of your insurance cover? The last thing you would want to happen is to see that your insurance Premium of a lifetime does not come in handy just when you need it – that’s why, it is important to decide on the tenure of your term insurance, making sure it is valid to see you through your old age, and you buy it on time.
- Brand value does matter. If you thought brand was all about advertising and make-believe, you may want to think again – reputation to pay clients and settle claims is all that matters when it comes to the “moment of truth”.
The rupee does not appreciate – and that’s called inflation. And the way Inflation could affect your plans is in terms of the value of your Best Term Insurance Plan as well as through the insurance premium that you pay towards it. When you calculate the amount that you would want to insure, do consider the effect that inflation could have on your decision.
- Have you considered online insurance? It’s not just because it is easier for you to buy online, but also due to the fact that you could be shelling out much less than what you would if you were to buy the traditional way. And yes, with online insurance, you would also have the luxury of comparing insurance options available to you within your budget and for your circumstances, before you actually make the decision.
- What’s your cover? That’s the key in term insurance. When you remember this is for a fixed term and that you are doing it with a purpose, you would focus more on cover and less on the investment part of it. Needless to say, this would turn out to be a wise decision when you make the most of your insurance premium through maximizing the coverage.
As you could see, with facilities such as online insurance available at the click of the mouse, you would be better empowered in choosing a product of your choice, precisely tailored to suit your needs.